Understand how to find and organise that digital data
As AEC industry advances more toward digitalisation a sound understanding of basic principles ICT principles, and of using digital skills and devices when access digital information becomes essential and mandatory, especially regarding File management.
This training is part of a set of training related to build up essential digital skills for AEC workers. Learners can take it as a standalone, however it’s also part of a wider pathway for completion of a training plan called Digital Skills, and essential training related to BIM collaboration and Information Exchange.
It will learner to understand basic principles of using digital skills and devices to access digital information, especially aimed beginners in ICT that are upskilling and transitioning to use of digital devices and lack prior ICT training. It will also offer a change for the ones who already have the skills to test and prove it.
As more and more data will be shared and stored digitally, in a BIM project, this is an essential training for all AEC professionals to upskill their ICT and digital skills in order to continue to be relevant and be able to operate in this new digital construction environment.
By the end of the training, learners will:
- Understand key principles of File management
- Be able to identify directories, folders, subfolders, file type extensions
- Be able to structure and organise digital data
- Know where and how to find, place and share digital information
- Be able to apply all above
- This training is advisable to be undertaken in conjunction with other training that encompasses the Digital Skills training plan
- This training in part of a pathway toward more complex and complete training journey and possible qualification. Check details in additional information documentation